Entertainment and Recreation
The Art Museum's original Neo-Classical structure was erected in 1901 as the First Presbyterian Church. Several additions and renovations were added to make the building accessible as a museum.
The current expansion added 7,900 square feet to the museum's existing capacity. Included in the addition is a new main lobby and entrance, expanded museum store, a café overlooking the Arts Park, new galleries, more storage space and an additional classroom.
Renovations to the existing facility included renovations of existing galleries including new general architectural upgrades, toilet facilities, elevator relocations and upgrading of mechanical and lighting systems. Exterior improvements included a new aluminum and metal curtainwall façade structure that will be aligned with the portico of the church, expansion of the parking lot and a new loading dock/service entrance.
|© Butz Enterprises, Inc. Web Site Design by Active Data Exchange|