Healthcare and CCRC
Phased renovations and additions to an occupied hospital. Departments were subdivided or relocated into temporary "swing" space to avoid interruption of services. Management of noise, cleanliness, safety, and traffic flow were carefully orchestrated so that hospital services were not negatively impacted.
Delaware County Regional Cancer Center
• Three-story addition to the Medical Office Building for advanced chemo-
therapy treatment, aesthetic rehabilitation, exam rooms, doctors offices,
x-ray processing, film viewing, and pharmacy.
• One-story addition to house diagnostic and treatment equipment, including
the installation of a linear accelerator with leadite shielding.
• Additional 8,000 square feet of renovations to the ground floor.
Fourth Floor Maternal / Child Health Unit
• 16,000 square feet of renovations to provide seven labor/delivery rooms,
two operating rooms, a neonatal intensive care unit, nursery, perinatal
care unit, two nurses stations, and a midwife unit. Work was phased and
the existing department remained in full operation.
• Six-floor, 4,000 square foot addition within an enclosed courtyard. A
175-ton crane was used to "blind lift" 70 pieces of steel over the existing
hospital structure and set them in place.
New Main Entrance
• Relocated the pharmacy and the outpatient services department.
• Installed a new parking garage elevator.
• Renovated the connecting corridor and added a second level passageway
to provide increased accessibility from the parking garage.
|© Butz Enterprises, Inc. Web Site Design by Active Data Exchange|