Philadelphia Housing Authority consolidated its offices into one main headquarters facility located on a 1.4 acre site at Ridge Avenue and Jefferson Streets in Philadelphia. This relocation was part of a multi-phased, mixed-use development under the Sharswood/Blumberg Transformation Plan to continue the revitalization of the neighborhood. In addition to serving public housing needs, PHA employs over 400 people at this location.
The five-story, plus basement headquarters brings all public and administrative functions together in a modern Class A office building. The building is clad in glass and stone with three exterior, open plaza areas.
Features of the project include:
There are 50 parking spaces including three car share/hybrid spaces as well as 18 rentable bicycle docks and 10 on-street bike parking space along with a public transit bus stop. The project also included demolition and site preparation on the block to the north of Jefferson Street for future
development including retail, parking, and housing. The project has applied for LEED Silver certification.
- 500 seat Multipurpose Room
- 15' ceilings in the entrance lobby
- Executive suite with roof terrace
- Fully functional police headquarters
- Servery on ground floor
- State-of-the-art audio visual systems
- Date center
- Public services customer center with waiting and queuing
- Fitness center
- Retail space on ground floor
- Conference and storage areas
- VRF HVAC System
- 250KV emergency generator