Places of Worship
This Victorian building, originally built in the 1800’s by entrepreneur Robert Sayre, a Bethlehem Iron Company founder, is now a new Chabad Center for the students at Lehigh University. After the renovations, this facility is now able to host social, religious, educational and cultural events and Shabbat services and dinners in a home-like setting.
The building served as a funeral home for many years and during that time had apartment units on the second and third floors. Those floors were renovated into a residence for the rabbi and his family..
To soften the property 10 of the 30 parking spaces were turned back into green space and an outdoor patio was created. A stairway and walkway were added from the street to allow students walking from the University easier access to the front of the building.
|© Butz Enterprises, Inc. Web Site Design by Active Data Exchange|