Colleges and Universities
Complete exterior and interior restoration of an historic library built in 1891. Scope included steel-plate reinforcement of wooden roof trusses, rebuilt leaded-glass windows and skylights, repair of the terra cotta and copper roof, and replacement of exterior ornamentation. Interior work included demolition and reconstruction of the book stacks within the space of the original library walls. An interstitial floor, added in 1922, was removed and a 5-foot band of terra cotta ornamentation was reconstructed. The need for a temperature and humidity controlled environment to protect old manuscripts and other valuable books required the complete replacement of all mechanical, electrical, fire protection and security systems with state-of-the-art technology.
|© Butz Enterprises, Inc. Web Site Design by Active Data Exchange|