A new medical office building constructed to accommodate the expanded Womenâ€™s Health and Pediatrics medical practices for WellSpan Health.
Features of the building include:
This new building is slab-on-grade with structural steel framing and masonry exterior. The sloped metal roof system is supported by engineered metal stud trusses on plywood sheathing. A large structural framed canopy providesa large patient drop-off zone at the front entrance. Significant site development was required including extensive earth cut and fill, 20' high modular block retaining wall, asphalt paving, curbing, sidewalks, and all required utilities to and from the new building.
- 39 state-of-the-art exam rooms
- 4 procedure rooms
- On-stage/off-stage design model with nursing support spaces
- Large education room with seating for 40-60 people
- Separate waiting rooms for each practice with the pediatric area having two separate rooms to keep sick children secluded from well children
- Separate corridors for both patients and staff to ease pedestrian traffic
- Shared break room